Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1, 364 days or 525,600 minutes left to go!


So I said that I was going to read a book a month and Ive got January's. I just started Max Lucado's "Traveling Light," Releasing the burdens you were never intended to bear. The Promise of Psalm 23.
Its also the first day of my diet, and Im typing this while I drink my flavored water, since I have given up soft drinks...oh and Ive also given up Ice Cream (thank God for Zack's yogurt!! it doesnt count.)
Ive also been trying to decide what two months Im going to use to try and complete #5 on the list. This one will not be so easy. I plan to only spend money on the absolute basic needs such as, meds, bills, and gas...No ebay, no eating out, no clothes, bags, shoes, music, apps or games for the iPod, and no trips to the dollar store here and there for things that I "need."
Well it looks like its going to be a beautiful first day of the year, the sun is shining and I think Im going to take my book outside and read a little while I get a little sun. Hope that everyone has a wonderful New Years, I plan to!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan

syllatham said...

I did and it was awesome! But thanks!