Friday, February 26, 2010

A few cents really add up

If you have read my blog at the beginning of the year then you know that I have a list of things that I want to accomplish this year. I have to say that Im pretty proud of myself and the progress that Im making on the list. I was so excited that I accomplished half of #7, which was paying off the money that I owe my mom. Im even more excited because the other half of #7 is to also pay off a credit card and Im almost there. I may even be able to pay off two cards this year!!! I've also started to put money aside for a new car. Im not looking to get one yet but I know Im going to eventually have to replace my poor little Sentra. I can't wait till Im completely debt free! Im on my way and it feels good to see myself making some headway.
As far as the rest of the rest of the list, I logged two dives in  Belize, so that takes care of #19. I also got my ticket in for Wicked, so that will take care of #12 Go see a Broadway show. I also said that I would read a book a month and my book for Feb. is Glenn Beck's Common Sense: The Case Against an Out-of-Control Government, Inspired by Thomas Paine. Its pretty good and really a great read for me as I teach my Civics class. I also read four books while on my cruise, but those were "no brain" reading, but didnt count those as my one a month books. 
Well Im looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and spending a relaxing day around the house. It seems that we will be getting some pretty bad weather, so it may be a day of reading for me. I hate that the weather is going to be so bad. My nephew's birthday party is tomorrow in Baton Rouge and they may be getting snow...I dont drive in snow! Im so sick of all the cold and rainy weather. It was so nice this afternoon that I took my Civics class outside to do our work. 
                                                           -Till Tomorrow

No comments: