Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Losing my patience

   Me and my new lil kitten are still getting used to each other. Its also been a long time since I had a kitten and I forgot how crazy hyper they can be. I have to say that I did lose my patience last night and was shouting at the cat to shut up so I could sleep. I've also was having to swat him away as I was trying to get some stuff done on my computer.
   I can't even imagine if I had kids. I have seen that that I am very selfish, when I get home I'm so used to doing what I want and not having to worry about anyone or anything. As I was fussing with the cat, because he had once again thrown cat litter out of the box, I remembered the movie "28 Days." The movie 28 Days is a 2000 American drama film directed by Betty Thomas. Sandra Bullock plays Gwen Cummings, a newspaper columnist obliged to enter rehabilitation for alcoholism. So while in rehab she goes to group meetings and one of the questions that everyone has is when will they know when they will be ready for a relationship. The counselor tells them that what they should do after getting out of rehab is to get a house plant. Water it and care for it and in 6 months if its alive...nope no relationship yet, but then they are ready to get a dog or a cat. If they can care for it, and the plant, for a year then they are ready for a relationship. The movie ends with the main character going to pick out a plant and while at the florist she runs into one of the people from the group meetings, one that had been very focused on knowing when he could be able to handle a relationship, and he is there arguing with the florist. In one hand he holds a dead plant while the other is holding a leash with a sad looking puppy on the end. He is frantically trying to explain to the florist that it had to be a faulty plant and that it was not him. He is also trying to explain that the plant just cant be dead, and then he see the main character and states that he's never going to be in a relationship. Its all very comical end to a very serious movie. 
   Well, all that to say that I have had my house plants for over a year, but this kitten may be the sign that I just might not be ready for relationship...but then again thats just a movie. And like Ive been telling my kids, after they thought that the story of Jack and Rose on the Titanic was real and that the very large blue diamond was at the bottom of the sea, you cant believe everything you see in the movies!
I still don't know how some people do it, how do they go to work all day and then come home to their family and things to do at home? Well that was just some of my random thoughts.
                                                                               -Till Tomorrow
The Culprit

1 comment:

shannon said...

He is so cute!!! The problem is you have had too much time to get set in your ways...I am still a lot like that....Luckily my husband understands this and deals with it!!! A lot of people also go to the docter and get medication...or so I am told!