Sunday, March 14, 2010

Springing Forward

  We spring forward today. So change that clock or watch, because no matter how you get your time told to you, your going to be seeing more of that big ball of orange in the sky! I love daylight savings time and getting more time with the sun around. Today was such a wonderful day!! I got to lay out and catch some sun and enjoy the beautiful weather. This was just an all around, really good, weekend!
  Tonight the sermon was on how God can provide exceedingly more then we can imagine. It was also on how we don't see as many miracles today because many of us do not need them. We want things and our way but we have to know the difference between a want and a need. So I looked up need:
1 circumstances in which something is necessary, or that require some course of action; necessity : the basic human need for food | [with infinitive ] there's no need to cry.
2 (often needs) a thing that is wanted or required : his day-to-day needs.
3 the state of lacking basic necessities such as food or money : a family whose need was particularly pressing.
• the state of requiring help or support : help us in our hour of need.
  I can't say that I have very many needs...a lot of wants is more like it. We are so very blessed! I really need to cut back on my wants! I've made myself stop from going to ebay. I really need to start putting away for a car and build my emergency fund back to where it needs to be.  I just need to get my focus back and start saving and paying down the debt. I mean, Ive been paying on it and doing ok but I want to do great! 
  So I've been trying to make something happen and worrying about it and I finally just gave it to God and let it go and just as I had gotten to the point that I wasn't even thinking about it God worked it out. It never ceases to amaze me how God cares about even the smallest things. As I'm typing this I remember a scripture that I heard a pastor's wife read to the church when she explained how God cared about even her broken washer. She read Ps. 138:8, which has become one of my favorites. 
"The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever." Ps. 138:8
How awesome that He will make perfect the things that concern me. Now, I always have to remind myself that God's perfect may not always match up to my skewed human view of perfect. But I know that in the end, no matter what, His way will always be the Right way and His perfect the right perfect.

No comments: