Saturday, March 6, 2010

What a Beautiful Day!!!

   I was so happy that the sun made an appearance today and hung around all day! Still a bit cold for my taste but getting better. I even got to lay out for awhile. I have not done much all day. I laid out for a bit then I read a magazine while sitting out in this beautiful weather. I watched some TV and played some games on the computer. Besides that (oh I did separate my clothes to wash them but just didnt get around to it) I just spent a lazy Saturday relaxing. 
   Oh, we did have a bit of excitement here in Big ol' Buras, the China Sea opened today! Now if your not from Buras then this may seem a bit trivial, but to us its a big deal. Can't wait to go and get some Combination Fried Rice! Mmm!!! Well due to the uneventful day I really don't have much to blog about so I will leave you with this

   Ok, for those of you that know me you know how Much I love QUOTES!!
I have them everywhere… (oh, and I love post-it-notes, put a quote on a post-it and Im in Heaven!!) I have quotes on my mirror, on my day planner, on my peg board, my dresser, stuck to my doors, on my fridge, on my computer and I even have one next to my speedometer in my car. I use quotes in my journal, in my papers for school, in letters to friends, and just about anything. I like quotes because they are words from someone else's life lessons or view of things. They are words that have remained and continue to have some effect on everyone that reads them no matter how much time since they were uttered, and to me that just seems Cool! Here are a few of my favorites that have made me a better person, made me think, made me cry and have made me try, after all shouldn't that be what all words make us do?

"Worry is allowing problems and distress to come between us and the heart of God. It is the view that God has somehow lost control of the situation and we cannot trust Him."
-Gary E. Gilley-

"Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

"Happy is the person who can laugh at himself. He will never cease to be amused." 
-Habib Bourguiba-

"There's a difference between opinion and conviction. My opinion is something that is true for me personally: my conviction is something that is true for everybody—in my opinion."
-Sylvia Cordwood-

"Be yourself, no one can tell you you're doing it wrong." -James Leo Herlihy-

"Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun." -George Scialalla-

"He turns not back who is bound to a star." -Leonardo Da Vinci-

"What a lovely surprise to finally discover how unlonely being alone can be." -Ellen Burstyn-

"He commands us to do slowly and blunderingly what He could do perfectly in the twinkling of an eye." -C.S. Lewis-

"Some refuse to settle for anything less then butterflies" – Carrie Bradshaw-

"Be daring, be different, be impractical. Be anything that will assert imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the common-place, the slaves of the ordinary."
-Sir Cecil Beaton-

"The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person." -Vi Putman-

"This is the true joy life: the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clot of ailments and grievances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy."
-George Barnard Shaw-

"If Beauty is a state of mind, then I'm a Freakin Genius." -Unknown-

"The safest road to hell is the gradual one—the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signpost." -C.S. Lewis-
"It's easy to fool other people. Fooling yourself is a little harder. Fooling God is impossible."
-Chris Harrison-

"This above all: to thine own self be true, and is must fallow as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man." -Shakespeare-

"Dear Lord…Please put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth."

"Most of us can keep a secret. It's the people we tell it to that can't."

"Thus does the world forget thee, it's Creator, and falls in love with what thou hast created instead of with Thee." -St. Augustine-

"What soap is for the body, tears are for the soul." -Emily Dickinson-

"I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him."
-Booker T. Washington-

"Lord, give me the determination and tenacity of a weed." -Mrs. Leon R. Walters-

"By perseverance the snail reached the ark." -Charles Haddon Spurgeon-

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometimes in life you will have been all of these." -Bob Goddard-

"The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear."
-Socrates-

"Children are not things to be molded, but are people to be unfolded." -Jess Lair-

"I don't want everyone to like me; I should think less of myself if some people did."
-Henry James-

"I have had more trouble with myself than with any other man I have ever met!"
-Dwight L. Moody-

1 comment:

Jessica Blood said...

Awesome absolutly awesome thank you so much for posting