Monday, March 22, 2010

What is Up With this Weather??

   Saturday was the first day of spring and you can not tell it at all. I'm really ready for summer weather and as it appears so is Auggie. His new thing is to lay in front of the heater...I'm really worried that I'm going to look over and see that he has caught fire. Today was a pretty good Monday! My civic class had to present their President power points. I have to say that they had to be the funniest presentations I have ever sat through. It was the kind-of funny that was not tried for or created, it was the best kind, pure, spontaneous, and totally accidental. One example was when one of my students was explaining that FDR died from "hemorrhoids" when he meant a hemorrhage! So funny!!! Then it just went down hill from there. Today went bye so fast!! Tomorrow we start the first day, of the first part, of the ILEAP test. 
   It was a beautiful day, a little cold considering that its the middle of March in south LA. After school I finally did the car maintenance that I've been putting off. I've been needing to check my oil and fluids, put on my new hubcaps, replace a burnt out blinker bulb, and fix my horn. So I got home, changed into old clothes and dove right in. Got it all done, even with Auggie swatting at me the whole time, and almost freezing to death once the sun went down. Well tomorrow is my long day so I'm about to hit the hay.
-Till Tomorrow     

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so resourceful--if you loose your job you could work at a car repair place your mom

syllatham said...

Haha I don't know about all that. But I was glad that I was able to save some money, and I like that I don't feel like a helpless girl.