Sunday, April 18, 2010

All things to all men...

   Today was a nice relaxing Sunday. I love that we have our services at 6pm and get to relax on Sunday mornings. I'm not looking forward to going back tomorrow and really had to make myself focus to get some stuff typed up for the Student Council meeting we have tomorrow. I also have not yet  gotten my lesson plans finished, but I have pretty much what I'm doing in my head. 
   Tonight's church service was good. Dad talked about how we have to be all things to all people and that we took part of the Crawfish boil so that we, as a church, could be a presence in the community. His verse was 1 Cor. 9:19-22, and how Paul talks about becoming as a Jew so that he might gain the Jews and how he became as others (but still keeping within his standards) so that he may gain some. I like this verse, but also realize that you have to watch that you just don't become like all men. What I think he was saying was to be open to others and make the Christian  walk just that, a walk and not a pushing contest. We shouldn't have to push our beliefs on others, but we should live our life in a way, along side those that are not Christians, that they see a difference in our lives. I try to do this, but I have to admit I don't always succeed. I pray that those around me can see a light or difference in my life.  
                                                                                                                                  -Till Tomorrow

No comments: