Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Connected with Old Friends

  There's nothing like the familiarity of an old friendship. With changes and seasons of our life we sometimes drift from those we have always held close. Life can lead us down different roads and bring new people to travel along the new paths with us. But its always good when we can reconnect with those that just get us, in the words of an old good friend, "Its like coming home." You have to value those that know the most about us and still choose to be around us, like us when we sometimes don't like ourselves, can tell us honestly how we look in stretch skinny jeans (yes, they are not for everyone), and tell us when we need to get over ourselves. They are the ones who cry with us, laugh with us and know all of our inside jokes. They are not easily replaced and there is an ease when life brings them back.  -Till Tomorrow
"It's the things in common that make relationships enjoyable, but it's the little differences that make them interesting."      -Todd Ruthman
 "We love those who know the worst of us and don't turn their faces away."  -Walker Percy
 "The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart."    -Elisabeth Foley

The Pics for today highlight just a few of some of the great friendship that I have been Blessed with along the road of life. They have made me laugh, helped me through hard times, held my hand as I freaked out, given me wake up calls when I needed them, made me think outside my box, explore not only my world but ones I didn't know even existed, helped me conquer fear, learn more about myself, and see that friendship and moments, memories, and love are what makes this life what it is.





No comments: