Monday, April 26, 2010

A Fun Day

    Today was a Fun teaching day!! I'm teaching South Asia and I always do a fun activity to help the students understand the caste system. I separate all of them into the different levels and have a King and a Priest and even Untouchables. I have props and pass out cookies, with the king and priest getting the most cookies and then each level gets less and less til the untouchables (the largest group) having to split one cookie. It teaches them how in places around the world resources are dispersed. It's always one of my kids favorite activities and one that the students in the higher levels want to always continue for the rest of the week. The weeks are flying by and I can't believe that my seniors take their final exams next week. I was asked to be a counselor for a camp that starts the 31st of May and goes till June 11th. So I'm working that camp and then a few weeks off till the end of July and I'm going to be working another camp and then YMI. This is the first summer in three years that I haven't traveled somewhere. I'm really hoping to at least get in a dive trip. Well tomorrows a busy day.    -Till Tomorrow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your classroom looks interesting get some sleep luv mom