Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday Makes Great Sunday

  Yes, I borrowed my title from a very wise man. Today was spent judging art. I have to say that I was really surprised at the amount of entries that were entered. There was some really good stuff! We have some very talented artist in our state. I hope that these kids youth pastors see these gifts and utilize them. It was a lot of fun getting to not only be apart of Fine Arts but to also see a lot of people that I haven't seen in years. It did make me feel really old when I saw one of my kids that was in my youth group that is now a youth pastor and married with a kid on the way! I am so proud of him and all that God has made him into. He's going to be an awesome dad and he is a great youth pastor! I also got to catch up with some old camp buddies and got to hang out with Liz a little. I was amazed by all of the changes, the youth department has changed, how many of my friends are pushing baby strollers, the kids even seem different, and all the youth pastors are people that I was at summer camp with or worked camps with.
So I finished up the judging, it took a LOT longer then I thought, and I got back on the road to head home. Made a stop at my brothers and got to hang out with two of the most awesome kids for a bit, then back on the road to Buras. I'm tired and ready for bed!     -Till Tomorrow

No comments: