Monday, May 31, 2010

150th

   Wow! Can't believe that this is my 150th blog post. Today the camp I'm working started. Its for girls in the 7th and 8th grade and all about girl power. They are trying to instill in these girls that they don't have to rely on a man to make them happy. Its a really good camp and we will be going on a lot of trips into the city and doing field trips to some pretty interesting places. Tomorrow we are going do a tour of a hospital and Wed. a tour of a bank. We have a full week planned and should make it go by pretty fast. Today was pretty much a get to know you day and we kind-of laid out what the rest of the camp would involve. We also put the girls into groups and had them come up with a group name, color, and motto. We are also spending apart of the afternoon going through a workbook called "Don't Give It Away." It's a pretty good lil book about how to value themselves and to have a better self image. So, I have been slacking again on my journaling time. I'm doing good when it comes to blogging but I haven't been as good at writing in my personal journal. I am very proud of myself for still not drinking any soft drinks. Well I'm going to journal tonight after my shower and then try to get to bed a lil early. Got a busy day tomorrow.  -Till Tomorrow
My girls working on their boxes
 

No comments: