Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Last Day of School

   Today was the last day of school and it could not come quick enough. Once you get to the last few weeks the natives start to get restless and they were beyond that today. I only had one exam to give and so I spent most of my day cleaning out my classroom and getting things ready to wrap up. I had a few kids who did not pass and I will have to call parents tomorrow. We have to go in tomorrow to sign some paperwork and then get our sign out papers checked and signed. I'm hoping for a really short day tomorrow. I really need to go to the DMV and turn in my plates from the car I bought and the one I sold, should be a fun time since they are only open on Wed. 
  So, after my 4th hour took their exam I gave them back the world map I had them draw from memory the first day of class. Some of them were so funny and really Bad!! It was fun to hear, and see, my students reaction when they saw how much they had learned over the semester. I have to say that I was very surprised at the improvement some of them made. One of my final projects is their World Map Poster. They work on it all semester and its due the last week of school. They have to create a world map using a grid and coordinates. Some of them did such an Awesome job. I had them add the continents as we covered them. They also had to label some major features and they could get 5 bonus points for coloring it and adding lil extras. One of my students who is very artistically talented made such an Awesome map. I have included a pic below. I was so proud of so many of them and will miss many of them. It still surprises me how much I love teaching World Geography. I hated Geography in college and did not want to teach Geog. when they first offered me the job...just goes to show you, you never know.
Proud Cartographers

No comments: