Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Me and my Daddy
  
   Just want to start out by saying Happy Father's Day to all those really great men that are called Dad. I am so blessed to have one of the best Dads!! He may be to blame for me still being single. Because of him and all the other great men in my life, like my brothers and Uncle Walnut, guys have a lot to live up to. They have set the standard and its high. I thank God all the time for giving me such a great family. Me and my Dad are a lot a like in many ways and he has always been such a huge support for me. 
   Today was a pretty lazy day. I slept in ahhh... and loved it! Then had some coffee and straightened up a bit around the house.  Then spent the afternoon hanging out some with the family before church. After church had dinner with the parents and then watched the Lifetime movie "Double Wedding." It was a cute movie but made me a lil sad. Tonight after church my aunt & uncle and parents and I were sitting around taking and they were talking about how I was going to be single forever...I really don't want to be. I know I'm picky and maybe some think that my standards are to high but its not like I have a ton of guys beating down my door and I'm just turning them away. Plus, if your going to spend the rest of your life with someone I really think you should start off with something great. I'm no looking for perfection, but there are some things I will not back down on. Why, oh Why can't I find someone that I'm not only attracted to but has all the other stuff as well??? I pray all the time that God will give me the grace to enjoy this time and if its to always be this way change my heart.  -Till Tomorrow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mama loves you

Paul said...

Hear a great comment last week: "better to be carrying no weight than dead weight"

syllatham said...

haha Thanks Paul for the comment and trying help the situation. I have to say that no matter what I have been blessed with really great friends!! :)