Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What I Wore Wednesday

Hey Y’all! So I’m doing this new thing “What I Wore Wednesday”. 
I got the idea from Lindsey at The Pleated Poppy.
So let me explain how this works. Every Wednesday I highlight my outfits from the previous week.
Now I’ll warn you these aren't always great, I have my down days.
I love your input...
so comment away!
On what you like
and
don't like.
Anything goes!
So started this a lil late but thought I would just dive in, so here goes:

 Thursday:
Pink Tank- J. Crew
Navy & White sweater- Target (on sale)
Khaki pants- American Eagle
Silver Flip Flops- Target
Palm Tree Necklace- Eve's Addiction

Friday:
White tank (really a shelf bra, great when its hot)-Sam's
Black Sundress- AE
White cardigan- Target
Green Jade necklace-From my trip to Guatemala
Black flip flops-T J Maxx


Saturday:
Spent the day cleaning up and lounging around.
Green Chi Alpha t-shirt- College days
Pink sweat pants-Target and my sister added the cute fleur dis lis for me.
NSU Flip Flops- Nicholls State bookstore

Sunday:
Coral tank- H&M in Prague
Jeans- AE
Gold with Big Jewel Flip Flops- Nine West (got on ebay)
Necklace- From my friends trip to Greece

Monday:
White T-shirt- Margaritaville Jamaica
Purple shorts- Gap
Brown leather Flip Flops- AE

Tuesday:
T-shirt- Fleurty Girl
Dark gray yoga pants- Target


Wednesday:
Light brown tank- AE
Pink trapeze tank- AE
Blue denim shorts- H&M
Brown and gold leather flip flops- AE

   So one thing that you will notice is that a lot of my everyday clothes come from my days of working at American Eagle. I'm all about comfort and keeping it simple. 
   Today I got a random call from some documentary film makers wanting to know if I would speak to them about the oil spill. So I agreed to meet with them even though I wasn't sure I had anything to offer. I just have to say that I'm so ready for a normal life. We were just starting to get back to some sense of normalcy and this oil spill thing happened. Now the military is back down here and there is the ever noise of helicopters flying in the air. People are stressed about their jobs and if their way of life will be affected. We all want to know when they are going to get this problem fixed and if we are going to have to make even more changes. None of us know what the future holds but we are really tired of having to fight for our community. I miss the way things were before Katrina, but thats over and wishing for how it was gets us nowhere. But I was getting really used to what we had made from what Katrina left us and I really hate to see something mess with that! Katrina really sucked! But there was also a lot of good things that came out of it. I'm just hoping that with this oil spill situation we can look back and find the good that came about due to it. We are not the only people experiencing destruction and heartache. People all over the country are going through hard times. In some states schools are closing, whole towns drying up, fires devouring homes and land, while quakes are shaking others foundations. Thank God that we have a hope that is rooted and founded in God. No matter what may come my way I know that my God is still on his throne and has my life in his hands. I hold firm to Jer. 29:11-13 ...I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you plans to give you a hope and a future... and Ps. 138:8 The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me... 
   Ok, well thats all I have to say on that.     -Till Tomorrow 

6 comments:

Jessica Blood said...

Loved what i wore wednesday, i have been looking forward to wednesday ever since you meantioned it. I did notice you have a lot of AE clothes alot of flipflops and some awesome jewelry.

syllatham said...

Yes, if Im not at work Im most likely wearing flip flops. And when I worked at AE I had the 40% discount so that explains that. The best part is that I haven't worked there in over 2 years but still making the clothes work. Glad you liked the post and thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

I liked Friday just looked cute but did like the fluer de lis on Sat

pleated poppy said...

you are adorable! thanks for linking up!

Katie said...

Visiting from Pleated Poppy -- love that a lot of your stuff comes from other places, like your necklaces. Fun! And my heart goes out to you about keeping your community strong and out of harms way -- hopefully things will fall back to "normal" soon.

Denise said...

came over from lindey's blog.
i want that coral tank from h&m! darling.

yes, hopefully God will be glorified in the oil spill. may he show himself to you, and lead you in his peace.