Monday, July 26, 2010

Desperately in Need of My Routine

    So the summer months are always a break in routine and I enjoy the first few weeks of it. But, eventually I get to a point where I am so ready to go back to my routine. It's been a crazy busy summer for me and I have to say that I'm pretty excited about relaxing and getting my classroom ready for the next week and a half. One thing that I'm about to really get serious about is back to working out and eating healthy again. I do so much better during the school year. I'm pretty bummed, I've gained a few pounds over the summer and I just sick with how I've let myself go. Got to get things under control!!!
Tomorrow I'm going to school work on my classroom and I'm pretty excited, I know I'm a nerd.

    I've been thinking about how you sometimes have to work with people that you don't always like and that don't like you. I've been working on putting together packets for the new teachers. One of the things that they wanted me to give them was examples of different syllabus from different teachers and grade levels. So I contacted a few of my teacher friends and asked them to send me their syllabus. I was very impressed by something that one of my friends, Sammie Drury, had included at the end of her's. She put a great quote about attitude from Chuck Swindoll. It was just what I needed to read, here it is take a look.

Attitude

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company… a church… a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we embrace that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have and that is our attitude… I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you… we are in charge of our ATTITUDES.

Charles R. Swindoll
I can't change others, but I can change how I respond to them. I want to respond to others the way Christ would, but as of right now I just wanted to pray down fire and brimstone on them...it's a work in progress.

1 comment:

briblakney said...

oh my word...did you seriously put that you've let yourself go over the summer!?! Are you kidding me? I think you have a lot of other things to worry about! :o)