Friday, July 2, 2010

Drive and Drive Some More

   

   Today involved a lot of driving! We drove to Carlsbad Caverns and went down 754 feet to the Big Room and saw some really awesome Stalagmites. Got some really interesting pictures and I even got to adopt a bat!!! Seems that there are a lot of bats that call the caves home. After Carlsbad, it was on to Roswell to the UFO museum and a great lunch thanks to the Urban Spoons recommendations. I was a lil disappointed with the UFO museum, really thought that there would be more to it. After Roswell we were on our way to Albuquerque. Now I did all of the travel planning and had made our hotel reservations through Travelocity. So we get to the Travellodge in Albuquerque and I go in to get our room and I was so not impressed at all. The place stunk so bad...but I thought, hey I will give it the benefit of the doubt. I get our key and we get all of our stuff and go to our room, I open the door and stop, Rach is right behind me and all she hears me say is, "OH NO!!!" I won't even walk in, the room is trashed!! There are alcohol bottles everywhere and it Stinks! So we go straight to the front desk and cancel our reservation. We go across the street to the Hilton and get a very nice room! Rachel said that there was no way we were staying there, she knows me and she said that if I wouldn't even go in then it was bad since I have stayed in some "interesting" place in Venezuela and China. So after getting settled in our really, new, nice room we got ready and went to dinner. We were going to go see a movie after dinner but I guess we were feeling our age and we decided to go back to our room and chill and go to bed. So I'm relaxing and enjoying my nice bed and typing and uploading pics to my Facebook check out this link to see my pics from the trip so far, Grand Canyon Road Trip!
Tomorrow we are headed to the Grand Canyon, and whatever else we happen to see on the way. -Till Tomorrow
   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good journey and experience!