Friday, July 30, 2010

The Little Things That Prove I'm Blessed & Random Facts Friday

   I worked in my classroom all day. Its coming along pretty good. I posted a short video if you want to check out what I've been working on. If you watched the clip I say that there is a story about my tables, well there is and its one of the many little things that show me how blessed I truly am. At the beginning of this summer I found out that I would be teaching Fine Art Survey. I already teach World Geography, and the way that I teach it is very project based. So when I found out that I was also going to be teaching an art class I thought that switching out some of my desks for tables and chairs would be so great for all the projects involved in both of the classes. I did what your supposed to do when you want things for your classroom, I spoke to my principal and he told me to contact the lady over the Secondary department for the Parish. I sent my request, and some very good reasons why it would be good for my classes and students, and I got a reply that said that it was not in the budget to get furniture for the classrooms at this time. Well I was pretty bummed about this, but if you know me it takes a lot to deter me when I set my mind to do something, so I said a prayer and then left it to God. Well when I went to school to work in my classroom I was telling two of my co-workers that I couldn't get the tables but was going to think of something when one of them said, "I have an extra table that you can have!" Then another teacher walked up and heard us talking and said that she knew one of the teachers that had one in her class that she didn't need. A few minutes later she comes walking up with it and by the end of the day I had 4 tables all from the Awesome & Great teachers that I work with. It also just happened to work out that I got 2 big tables and 2 small tables, this is Great because it balances out the classroom...isn't God just Awesome like that to give me not only what I wanted, but in the way He knew I would have wanted it if I had picked it out myself. So I came home yesterday and was telling my Mom and she tells me that she will buy me another small table, so I can have two small in the front, one small in the middle, and the two large in the back...Perfect!!!! Today when I got to work I started setting up my tables and moving around my classroom, thanks to Heidi and Sammie Lynn I was able to figure out a great set-up with the few desks I kept and my new tables. I just love the set-up and I think its really going to work great! I'm so thankful for the great people that I work with and for my wonderful family!! After moving around my classroom I worked on getting things up on the walls and then even made copies of my Geography syllabus and supply list. But, sadly I don't have a thing for for my Fine Art class and I'm starting to freak out. I looked up some stuff but really want to meet with the other art teacher to see how she is teaching it.
  Besides classroom fun and table elation, I'm trying to get back on track with my diet plan. I'm thinking of doing Weight Watchers again. It works pretty good for me and my weight loss goal is 8 lbs for right now. I'm sure that it won't be a problem since I always do better when I'm working and at school. I'm not trying to be rail thin, I just know what I weighed before the summer and I don't weigh that now. So, just a lil something that I'm going to work on.
   Well today is Random Facts Friday, so here are three random facts about me:
  1. I LOVE coffee!!
  2. I still sleep with my baby blanket.
  3. I can change the oil on a car and I've changed an alternator.
-Till Tomorrow!

4 comments:

briblakney said...

great job with the video!! my classroom never looked like that...but that's so you and not me. :o) So happy for your tables! I know that it will be a great learning experience in your room!!!

Anonymous said...

love the classroom great job so proud of you luv ya mom

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the curtains...good job Mom! :) So awesome about your tables, but God is just that good isn't He? Your classroom is bright and I'd be inspired to work in there, so I'm sure your students love it too. Keep it up, girl. And good luck w/ the rest of your preparation work.

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot to leave my name; that was me, TeJay.