Monday, July 19, 2010

Seeing Things Differently

   Tonight while I was driving home I had the radio on and it was on Mix 92.3 (*Shock* I know...I was listening to non Christian music...now I know some of you will think that "A good Christian" wouldn't do that, but I think I can still get into heaven so lets move on)
So the new Goo Goo Dolls song "Home" came on and I liked their old stuff, but I really like this new song of theirs.

I was just taking to Tony P. (now if you want to read a really spiritual blog then you should read his, he is more about quality over quantity) and Danial B. at YMI about the book "Windows to the Soul," and how only second to the Bible this book has been life changing for me. Well the book talks about how as God's creations humans are born with the desire to connect to their creator, and even though sin separated us from Him there is something within our every fiber that longs to connect. Now we know that all things are made by God and for God and that includes all talents and even those of non-Christians. The author then goes on to say that if we look at the music, art, and nature as trying to connect to our Creator then we see things differently. The soul longs to return to connect, and even though sin came in, there are moments when the non-believer is not aware that it cries out.

The song "Home" by the Goo Goo Dolls seems to me to be just that. They may not have even been aware, and may have thought it meant something else, but if you look at with Godly eyes (for lack of a better word) then you see something a little different. All art, poetry, music, talents, movies, and things of beauty are just windows to the soul...a soul that longs to connect to its creator.

Now I think this song would be Awesome as a drama, I'm just saying.
As you read the words you can't tell me that its not a soul that is crying out?
How many people in this world feel lost and alone and surrounded by "Crowded rooms full of empty faces?"
How many times have you heard someone say that no one speaks the truth, that even the "...deepest conversations full of lies?"
How many people in this world "...wonder if they’ll see through my disguise?"
And WOW, the course seems to be the very cry of a lost generation that longs to belong, to feel at home.
The next verse then says, "It’s 3 A.M. and I can’t sleep without you," how many people today can't even find true peace and the struggles of a peace-less life leaves them with sleepless night. 

Man, I'm telling you this song just got me, made me stop and think about a life without my savior and it even made me pray for those that are lost. Yes, a non-Christian song was able to minister a message, it just takes us looking at things as Windows to the Soul.

-Till Tomorrow


Goo Goo Dolls - Home Lyrics

Crowded rooms full of empty faces
Our deepest conversation full of lies
Another night with all my friends
The kind you’ll never see again
I wonder if they’ll see through my disguise

And I want to say
That I can’t hold back
And it might be wrong
But it’s all I have

Come take me home tonight
Come take me home
Oh I need you now
I’m lost without you
A million miles but I will find you
So take me home

It’s 3 A.M. and I can’t sleep without you
I think I’ve found the perfect words to say
The shattered light transmits my voice
Sometimes we don’t have a choice
I’d wake you up from half a world away

And I tried so hard
Tried to be so strong
But you see the crash
My defense is gone

Come take me home tonight
Come take me home
Oh I need you now
I’m lost without you
A million miles but I will find you

Come take me home tonight
Come take me home
Oh, come take me home tonight
Come take me home

Come take me home
The shattered light transmits my voice
Sometimes we don’t have a choice
Come take me home
Wake you up from half a world away
Oh I need you now
I’m lost without you
I’m holding on till I can find you
So take me home

No comments: