Friday, July 23, 2010

Wow, and the days go by so fast...Oh, and "Random Fact Friday"

   I just don't want to even admit and believe that the month of July is almost over! I can feel it the freaking out....its coming. I won't stress, I won't stress!! (repeat this over and over, and take my happy pill) I am happy to see the last day of camp tomorrow. It has been a good camp, really the campers are great kids, its just that they are Jr. high and younger and I'm used to my High schoolers. Plus, I know how much I have to do when I get home...and Im ready to be at my house. I love it, my family has all missed me. Talked to my Mom today and when she saw it was me on the phone she said, "Oh, look its Syl calling," and my sister Carleen said, "I miss Syl." How sweet, they say I drive them crazy when I'm home and miss me when I'm going, thats true family!
  I have to say that camp has been more then interesting this year. Every year we always have a few stories that get told the next year, like "you remember when that kids did this or that kids did that?" I have to say that this year its the counselors that gave us the stories...Oh my the stories that I could tell, we will just leave it at that. I had planned to try and get some work done while I was here but that just didn't seem to happen. I did get to collaborate with one of my friends that teaches the same class as me thanks to Facebook. We used the chat to compare notes and share ideas for our classes. I can't wait to see her room, she said she was going to post pics since she is so proud of it this year. I told her that I of course would be no doubt not only posting pictures of my classroom but subjecting those that happen to read my blog to a breakdown of all that entails my classroom. Setting up and organizing my classroom is by far my Favorite part of the whole school year. I seems to always find my happy place when I walk into a store and see the aisles and aisles of school supplies. And just the thought of labeling and organizing my desk makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over! There's just nothing better then a full cup of coffee, a bright and organized classroom and the smell of post-it notes and sharpened pencils. Well its way late and I still have to teach one more class in the morning...thank God for Starbucks Doubleshot Mocha's I would not be to great tomorrow without it!!
oh, before I go I just have to say that I am LOVING my new blog layout!!! I found the pic online and then made some changes to it but I just love it!!...ok, just had to get that out.
Oh, I almost forgot, today is the debut of the first "Random Fact Friday" My friend Jessica B. suggested this and so I thought I would give it a whirl. I'm thinking that 3 is a good number...so here goes:
 Random Facts About Me
1. One of my ears is higher then the other.
2. I can touch my nose and ear with my big toe.
3. I have never broken a bone...well I did throw a dictionary at my friends foot and broke her toe but none of my own bones.
-Till Tomorrow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can touch your nose and ear with what?????? ral

syllatham said...

haha I fixed it!

Jessica Blood said...

LOVE the header!!!
And the cts could just be things like I'm a pastos kid, or i have 6? siblings, by dad is building a concrete house. Whatever just things that people might not know about you. Like I didn't no you had a younger brother?