Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fiddler on the Roof

   I watched Fiddler on the Roof for the first time tonight. It's one of the musicals that we show in my Fine Arts class. I have to say that I wasn't to sure about this one, but everyone that I talked to have great things to say about it. This movie could apply to so many things and so many people. After watching this I know agree that..."We are all crazy, like the fiddler on the roof, we must learn to play the tune of life while maintaining our balance." They ask the question, "why do we do what we do, because of traditions." The main character, says that they do the things they do because of traditions and they "we cover our heads and wear a prayer cloths because...well I don't know, because of traditions!"
   How many of us do things because of traditions, religious routines, and traditions of men?  The theme is that love overcomes all. How true is that, its not about religious traditions but about love.
I love this quote made by the father about his daughter who married a poor man but is happy.
"They are so happy that they don't know how miserable they are."
   For some reason this movie reminded me of Katrina, and as I watched them pack up and leave their homes it made me cry. It also made me so thankful for the freedoms that I have.

I want to be so happy that I don't know how miserable I am.
-Till Tomorrow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe i should watch the film