Sunday, August 29, 2010

Five Years Later

   Yes, five years ago on this day my life changed forever. I survived and it, and in many was it has made me stronger. I look back and I sometimes wish for what once was, but I try and not linger in the past.
   Katrina happened, life happens, and as my blog title states, Seasons+Changes=LIFE. I will always remember and never forget, but moving forward, changed in many ways due to an upset that made the history books.

I found this painting tonight while I was looking for a Katrina related art piece for my Fine Arts Journal topic.
   Its by an artist named Darin Overholser. Click here to check out his art work. I loved his description,

"This is a more somber piece. Its the old story of Man vs nature. What we thought was the most destructive storm in US history, was just a ballet dance to mother nature." -Darin Overholser.  

   How true, what we saw as complete devastation was just a ripple in the hand of God. No matter what may come I know that God can bring me through. My Dad preached tonight on Ps. 29:10 "The Lord sits enthroned over the flood; the Lord is enthroned as King forever."

I pray that I never have to go through another Katrina, but no matter the storm I know who is my rock and my salvation. I will close out tonight with a few quotes (yep, I really do love quotes) that I found after Katrina.
"Storms make trees take deeper roots."  -Claude McDonald
 "It is the wounded oyster that mends its shell with pearl."  -Ralph Waldo Emerson
"The worst thing in your life may contain seeds of the best. When you can see crisis as an opportunity, your life becomes no easier, but more satisfying."   -Joe Kogel
 'The reality of any place is what its people remember of it."  -Charles Kuralt
 "The past should be a springboard, not a hammock."  -Ivern Ball
"Keep some souvenirs of your past, or how will you ever prove it wasn't all a dream."         -Ashleigh Brilliant  

No comments: