Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy Friday!!!!!

   I don't know if I've ever been so happy that it was Friday as I was today. It was just a really long week and my 4th hour class is one hot mess! And on top of the crazy school week seems that when it rains it pours and things all seem to break all around the same time. First my AC went out, then my whole closet rack came off the wall and my Whole closet caved in, then my cooling pad for my laptop went out. Lets hope that its like with people dying and it only happens in 3's. And yes, that is really true about people dying in 3's. Never failed, when I worked at the florist if someone died then you could almost bet on two more dropping as well.
   Today wasn't all bad, I had my Fine Arts Survey class and I'm just loving that class. I was totally freaking out at first. I didn't feel prepared and I was worried about the size of the class, and the lack of supplies. But it has all worked out and I'm really enjoying the group of kids that I have. There are still I few that I wish was my own kids so I could give them a good whooping, but even those lil boogers make me laugh and add their own lil bit of character to the class. We just started on Prehistoric Art and their assignment yesterday and today was to work in their groups and write a story which they would then create a "cave" painting of. They had to crush chalk with rocks and then add water to create their paint. It made for a very fun and interesting day! Here are a few shots of the groups hard at work trying to sketch out their scenes on their cave wall (aka brown paper that has been balled up and then flatted back out to give the look and feel of a cave wall).




   After school  Heidi and I had signed up to work the football game so we got to work the front gate. It wasn't that bad at all. Heidi and I of course spent the whole time we weren't selling tickets to chat. Got to see some of my Seniors from last year. I even saw a few that I'm happy to say are going to Nicholls!!! Loved my time there! Well I can barely keep my eyes open, so I think I'm going to call it a night.
Our box of Money that we were lot allowed to let out of our sight


Oh, almost forgot "Random Facts Friday." But don't fear, it is here...

1. I've been to the highest peak in South America.
2. I haven't drank a soft drink since Dec. 31, 2009.
3. I've watched the Mummy almost ever night this week...well I've had it playing every night this week
4. I can't whistle, I just end up spitting.
5. I took four years of piano when I was younger. 
 
-Till Tomorrow

No comments: