Thursday, August 5, 2010

Looooong Day

   I got to school today at around 10:00 this morning and didn't leave till 8:30 tonight. I feel like I got a lot done, but there are still things that I need to do...auhh its never ending! I'm really liking my classroom and the new changes that I've made. I wish of course that it was much bigger. I have to place an order for my supplies for the Fine Arts class that I'm teaching, should be a lot of fun. We have our big parish wide meeting tomorrow and then a meet and greet for just our school. After all of the meetings me and the other art teacher and going to collaborate for our Fine Arts class.
   So here is my new class fish (soon to be named). Now last semester I had a really bad run with the fish, and my kids got a life lesson on death a few times due to the fact that it seemed that all of my fish went on to fishy heaven. The first fish I had for my classroom was a beta fish and it was doing just great till some of those lil bad eggs-heads put hand sanitizer in his bowl. I was so MAD when I found this out...I was even more mad when one of them made the smart remark that, "At least he died clean." That was the point when I said that there was a special place in hell for lil kids who did junk like that...to say that they were a little shocked by this statement coming from me would be a Huge understatement. And in hindsight maybe not the best comment but, well they deserved it...and I'm not always perfect. LOL!!! So after they had killed Cane, I tried to keep other fish and well none ever lasted longer then about a week. So when the last ones died at the end of the semester I just didn't replace them since summer was on its way. Well with the new school year about to start I went to the pet store in search of some new fish. After talking to a very helpful girl at Petco I found out that the tank that I had could only be home to beta fish and thats why all the other fish kept on dying. Also, I found out that Goldfish are one of the hardest fish to have, who would have thought. I love eating goldfish, such great lil snacks! Anyway, I got another beta and he has been doing great and all ready for the kids to show up. No one, NO one, is allowed anywhere near his home with hand sanitizer!
   Now school has pretty much consumed me the last few weeks and the book Primal that I had started read kind-of took a back burner to everything and anything school. I'm going to try really hard to make myself do some reading, my Bible included, this weekend. All work and no pray makes a weak Christian. Plus I need to pray up for that Fine Arts class that I have this semester...sweet Jesus, he must really want to teach me something. Between some of the people I'm going to be working with and some of the kids in my class, its going to be an interesting year. I will leave you with my new favorite quote   -Till Tomorrow
"Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn."
— C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when you finish your house you can come next door and do mine luv ya