Monday, August 9, 2010

Oversleeping, tons of meetings and a laminating eater

   My alarm got set for PM and not 5 AM!!!! Thank God Sammie called me at 7:20, especially since I had to be at work for 8am!!!! We had a day FULL of meetings and so Much paperwork that I could have papered my whole room with it. Then, once the meetings and paperwork where finally done it was to my classroom to try and wrap things up. I thought that I was close to being done, but that was not so. I feel like that no matter how much I try to be ready there are always things that I find that I still need to do. I just can't believe that the kids show up tomorrow!!!!!!
   So today I'm paged to the teacher's lounge, seems that someone had let the item they were laminating roll up into its self and thus jamming the laminator completely. For some reason no one else seems to know, or try to know, how to unjam it. Its such a pain to have to unjam and then reload the laminator and this was the 4th time in the last 5 days that I've had to do this...my God people we all have degrees!! Just make sure it doesn't eat its self, hold it while its feeding through, and don't cut it so close that the next person doesn't have anything to grab when they go to use it next. Ok, so now that I vented about that....oh one more thing... I got so tired of having to fix the Laminator, and my principals were worried about all the Lamination being wasted, that they told me to put the cord in my room so that they would have to come and get me to do their Laminatoring. I would so much rather take 5min to do their laminating then 20 or 30 min trying to unjam it! Ok, promise that I'm done with that!! and moving on.
   The day just kept on getting crazier and crazier. Seems that everyone and their mama decided that today was a great time to finally go and register their kids for school. And for some gosh darn reason it seems that all of a sudden we have WAY more kids then our lil school can hold. I just don't know whats going to have to happen for them to finally realize that we NEED our new schools. We have been in our portable buildings since Katrina and...Well its just not going to happen. We're busting at the seams. We need supplies, classrooms, desks, boards, and a ton of other stuff. But More then anything we need SPACE!!!!! I feel bad for some of the new teachers that are teaching from carts and one poor thing that is in a classroom/broom closet...ok, it may not be as small as a broom closet, but its close! Well its late and I need to get to sleep. Thank God its only a half day tomorrow. And I just know that more changes are coming tomorrow. I'm just praying that they don't try and squeeze anymore kids into my classes. My poor friend Courtney has 30 Freshmen in one of her classes!!!! I just have to remember that this to shall pass and in some ways I feel like the little engine that could...I just have to keep telling myself this week, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!"
                             -Till Tomorrow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and let the drama begin! :)
i love hearing about your exciting days! it sure beats my bottles and diapers!
<3 your lil sis

Anonymous said...

I know you can, I know you can, I know you can!!

Anonymous said...

prating for you and all of the teachers mom