Saturday, September 25, 2010

Just another day in the life of a teacher

   Wow, so I just haven't been in the writing mood lately. So I will do a quick recap of what has been going on the last few weeks. I've been trying to get everything done for Homecoming. There seems to be a million little things that have to been done and ordered. I also went today to put the down payment on the place for Prom...I know right, already thinking about Prom! I will be so happy when I'm done with Homecoming!! I still have to find a DJ and get all of the stuff for the dance. I did place my t-shirt order, kind-of freaked me out making over a thousand dollar t-shirt order, especially when I put it on my credit card (don't worry it will be paid off this week). But I do have the money in my school account, they just have to do my reimbursement, but still.... So besides t-shirts, dance decorations, lesson plans, student council meetings, crazy 4th hour, more lesson plans, and more meetings I don't feel like I have been doing much else.
Today I met up with two friends and we were talking about how we need to take a girls trip for our Mardi Gras break. One of the many things I love about being a teacher in South Louisiana is that we get a FULL week off for Mardi Gras!! So were thinking maybe a trip to the beach.
I'm also on the hunt again for a travel agent. I really want to take a trip to Egypt and I want to go with a group, you know just to be safe. Egypt is some place that I have always wanted to visit. So I have to start budgeting now since I don't use my credit cards anymore (I know, your like "what you just said you put t-shirts on it." Well I only have one left and I don't even carry it.) I'm living a credit card free life. I can't wait till I have all of my debt paid off! I'm getting there but like it is with everything, its easier to put it on then take it off. There are a lot of things that I need to trim down. I was looking at my legs today and I am not happy with their size at all. I also need to trim down my debt, and stuff. I really want to simplify things, downsize. 

No comments: