Sunday, October 24, 2010

Getting Back in the Groove

   Here is a better pic of my new hair cut as promised. I'm going to really try hard to get back into the groove of blogging daily. I was doing so good for awhile but just fell off the wagon with everything that has been going on at work. I'm also going to get back to my WIWW and Random Fact Friday.
So the eHarmoney is still not looking up. I think that its just so funny that when I first got a profile and they "matched" me up there was about 30 or so guys, but none that I was interested in. Now they send me a one or two "matches" maybe every other day. They keep sending me a notice that says that if I would not be so specific and broaden my match info then I would get more matches. Hahaha...sorry eHarmoney, but I'm not lowering my standards so you guys can send more guys my way that I will have to just get rid of. I have to say that I did not realize how brutal this website could be. You can see when someone looks at your profile and when they say that they don't won't to contact you. And they have these "get to know you" questions and your supposed to send them to people that you think you may be interested in getting to know a lil better and then you wait for them to respond if they want.  Well after some prodding from Sammie and Heidi I sent two guys the "get to know you" questions and well....yep, no response. Haha!!! I'm trying to not take it personal ;) Oh well, I don't need a ton of guys just the right one. Well I'm off to bed, hope that you all have a great week!
-Till Tomorrow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you going to do just fine love ya mom

Anonymous said...

First of all, there is NOTHING wrong with using the available tools that exist in this modern world to find love. While living in a rural community certainly has its perks, it's safe to say that you are willingly limiting your dating options when you restrict your residential life to a place that offers few opportunities to meet a suitable mate. To counteract that, the internet can be a great place to turn.

I think it is definitely advantageous to be open-minded when first entering the dating pool. Being willing to meet different kinds of people doesn't mean that you are lowering your standards. just widening them a little to be more inclusive to others' traits or characteristics that you may not necessarily have considered when listing your preferences in what you look for. Everyone has "must-have" qualities as well as deal-breakers that they look for in other people. These things don't have to change, but your quest will likely be more successful if you are willing to give people a chance before you refuse to even consider them. What we put online is an impression we wish to convey to the general public- it probably doesn't include every little quirk or interesting facet of our personality, no matter how honest we think we're being. The right guy may be someone you've overlooked two or three times based on a quality that, at the end of the day, isn't one of your deal-breakers at all.

30 isn't too old, even if it feels that way- in certain communities, people tend to get married very young- but the world is a big place (as a traveler you must know that!) and elsewhere in the country, 30 is considered a normal age to still be dating around. However, if you feel like you're running out of time to achieve the desired results, it may help to look at what you've been doing and do something differently...as a teacher, that shouldn't be too difficult :)

syllatham said...

Don't know who you are but thanks for the comment! I am trying to stay open and see where it takes me. I know 30 isn't old but there are days that I feel like I'm behind on things when I look around. I'm happy with my life thus far, but I think that I would be even happier with someone to share it with. Going to put myself out there and then let God do the rest.