Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Having a Hot Cup of Cool Tea as I Ponder





   I know, your probably wondering what is Cool Tea? Well I'm having a cup of my favorite tea that I brought back with me from my China trip. The name of the tea is Cool Tea and I bought a ton of it. I was a lil afraid that I was going to be stopped because they thought I was trying to smuggle drugs, I means I was pulled over in AZ because they thought I was a drug runner (a very funny story!), but if you check out the pic below you can imagine that I was just a lil leery to be coming back into the states with 10 bags of this tea in my bags. 








So I have been doing some pondering on a few verses that I memorized a few years ago.
Eph. 4:29 & 30. "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up that it may benefit those that listen."
Also another one Ps. 19:14. "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer."
   Are my conversations helping to build others up? My Dad preached Sunday night about being Thankful for all things in all seasons, not just the good times, but also in those times when we truly don't want to be thankful. One way that we show this is to voice it and I don't always do that. When I "vent" to my friends I am not helping to build up. Also, I don't want corrupt communication to come out of my mouth. I know, I never use profanity, but there are other forms of "corrupt" communication. I've always been a pretty blunt open person and I sometimes let my "communication skill" get away from me (when I was young my Mom just refereed to it as being mouthy). As I've gotten older God has showed me that I have to watch what I say, how I say it, and to whom. So I guess having matured some I ask myself, am I meditating on acceptable things so that my communication can be edifying to those that hear it and be acceptable in the sight of God? I know that God has to get tired of me still wrestling with some of the same things. I think thats what I love so much about the Psalms, David over and over lays out the things he dealt with. In his writing you see that he understands the power of our thoughts and conversation, and he does not sugarcoat the fact that he battles controlling the.
   Just some things that I am pondering...  I am so thankful that no matter how many times I fail God never gives up on me. So I hope that you will also be thankful in all things and speak words that build up those around you.  -Till Tomorrow

No comments: