Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Heavens Declare

"Baby photos from the ultimate edge — a black hole"

"Astronomers may have lucked into the ultimate in cosmic baby pictures: a voracious black hole fresh from its violent birth.
After watching a nearby star that exploded into a supernova in 1979, astronomers now believe the star's death wasn't an ordinary one. The star's explosion was big enough to cause a black hole to develop in its wake. They think it's a black hole because they see something steadily consuming the gassy remnants of the exploded star, which is a telltale sign of a black hole. It sucks up everything in sight."

I saw this when I opened my Yahoo account and it brought to mind Ps. 19:1
1. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. 2. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.  Ps. 19:1-2

Its one of my favorite verses and when I see a truly beautiful sight like these photos, the Grand Canyon at Sunrise and Sunset, and the cloud on the Swiss Alps it really brings this verse home for me and makes me wonder how anyone can question if there is a God. 


How amazing!!!! The Wonder and beauty of the Grand Master of the first original arts.
-Till Tomorrow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree Syl

Anonymous said...

I disagree. People can look at the natural beauty that exists on earth and elsewhere in the galaxy and not wonder at all if some sort of all-knowing "being" magically created them. Geology, astronomy and all of the sciences give a different explanation for the creation of everything that exists- you may not agree with this explanation but it shouldn't be that difficult to understand that others do. I happen to fully rely on science as an explanation to black holes. That doesn't mean I don't see how it's possible that someone like yourself may decide that "god" "made" the stars.

syllatham said...

Thanks for reading and for committing even if I think you are a lil mixed up that you think that someone like myself decided that "God" made the stars...I didn't decide...but thats what makes this such a great country I can TOTALLY Disagree with what you say and no big deal. I just really feel sad for you that you have no understanding of the one true God and His wonderful love. I pray that He will change your heart and open it to all of the wonder that He has created.