Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Just a few words on it

  
   So no matter what party you may be with, it seems that there are some changes on the way. I love that I live in a country where I can freely, without intimidation, place my vote and have a voice in what happens in my government. I try to impart into my students how precious our freedom is and our sense of security. So many countries and governments around the world do not have these things that so many take for granted here in our good old land of the free and home of the brave.
    I'm always so amazed at the seamless way that there is a transition of power from one party to another. Not one shot fired, or one riot....lots of "tea parties," but nothing out of hand. Now you may be saying, well duh? But in so many places around the world what we saw tonight does not happen. I really think that all High School Seniors should have to live in a third world country for at least one semester. I truly think that is would drive home how blessed they really have it to be a citizen of the USA. I also think that it would make them think twice before they spouted off about things that they have no clue about, and in the end I really think that it would help foster a better sense of nationality, something so few younger generations have.
  So if your party won or lost, no need to cry, in a short time we will all get another chance to proudly voice our opinion in the form of a vote. Remember, its a Right & Responsibility!! And Thank God for all you have been Blessed with, whither the Red or Blue my Lord is always on the Throne!
-Till Tomorrow

No comments: