Saturday, November 20, 2010

Not Even Close

   So it seems that some people have gotten the impression that I am depressed and not happy with my life, this is so wrong. Now I have stated that I know that I am a mountain top or valley person and that the last few weeks have been valley dwelling for me. But one thing I have learned about myself is that to 1. Recognize when I'm in a valley. 2. Never make major life decisions when I'm in the valley. 3. Encourage myself in the Lord. and 4. Take it one day at a time because the mountain top is on its way.
I know that I'm so blessed to have the life that God has given me and I by no means what anyone to think otherwise. I'm a talker and I tend to say what I feel even if what I feel is just for a fleeting moment, I like to voice it and then I move on. In most cases what you may sometimes read, the feelings that I express, I have already moved on from. There are some things that do always stand true in my life and that is that I love my God, love my family, have the best friends and in most cases have a great job!
   ok, so now on to a much lighter and funnier topic, I like to think of myself as someone who can be pretty funny you may disagree haha. So I will take this time to let all my single ladies know, Don't waste your money on eHarmony. I tried it (we will say that it was for the sake of a life experience and something to blog about...I need some excuse to make it seem worthwhile haha!) and besides a few, 1 or 2, decent guys there is not much happening and the harmony is lacking. Now Match.com has more of a Facebook kind-of feel to it and lets you wink at people you may like to know better. It also lets you say a polite "No thanks" when you get winked at by people that you would rather not know more about beyond the fact that they are 57 and father of 3 haha!! Now I have blogged about this some and gotten quite a few comment and emails from friends either encouraging me or trying to give me some advice. One friend suggested that I try Christian Mingle, a Match.com kind-of site that allows Christian singles meet and mingle based on the criteria that you set. Haha...I know your probably thinking..."dang girl how many are you going to check out?" Haha I figure why not? I have to say that I highly doubt that I will meet Mr. Right on here but I have met a few nice guys.
   So if I was recommending one of these sites to a friend I would say that if your beliefs are important then check out Christian Mingle and also next up there would be Match.com. But no matter the site or wherever you meet someone I'm still happy with my life so far and haven't yet met someone that makes me want to change what I've got going so far. Maybe one day God will bring someone into my life that makes me want to change things but...nope not yet. I'm enjoying life and doing the things that I would not be able to do if I was married. Planning a trip to Egypt and Greece in the summer and I can't wait!!! I'm loving this season in my life and know that it will soon change into something else and then when it does I will look back on this time and the lessons learned as a wonderful gift. I really like this quote by the beautiful and classic Audrey Hepburn:
Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present - and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future. -Audrey Hepburn
Enjoy today to the hilt and don't fret about tomorrow, thats my plan...well at least for today haha!!
-Till Tomorrow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://infobooksonline.com/shop/College Books/]College Books[/url]. Artificial Intelligence, Business Law, Computer Science, International Business, Marketing, Operating System Concepts, The Law of Torts.