Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 To Do List


   Ok, so I pondered and looked back and these are the things that I want to do this year. I have put some of the items from last year's list that I didn't complete and of course added to them. I hope that you have also decided what your goals are for this year. I call them goals because I don't like to call them resolutions, how many of us really even know the real meaning of that word? I didn't, I knew it meant to resolve to do something, but I looked it up and it means much more. Here is the Websters definition for it:
 a firm decision to do or not to do something : she kept her resolution not to see Anne any more | a New Year's resolution.
• a formal expression of opinion or intention agreed on by a legislative body, committee, or other formal meeting, typically after taking a vote : the conference passed two resolutions.
• the quality of being determined or resolute
 My list is a "To Do List," goals that I hope to accomplish this year, but they are things I pick and I am in no way bound to them.  So these are not New Years Resolutions and I hope that you have decided to join me. As I said in yesterday's post, I hope that you have made your own list and link it below.

2011 To Do List

1. Be more patient this year and grow closer to God.

2. Hike Tunica Falls.

 3. Pay off a credit card.

4. Travel out of the country.  {I left this one open so it has endless possibilities :) }

5. Plant at least 10 trees. {my part to help the planet}

6. Walk a half marathon.

7. Read a book a month.

8. Go another year without a soft drink.

9. Finish reading Jane Eyre.  

10. Complete the blanket that I am knitting for myself. {I have a good bit left :( }

11. See a musical.

12. Cook 5 of Julia Child's recipes including her Beef Bourguignon.

13. Log a dive.

14. Learn a new word a month. {Heidi's going to be helping me with this one}

15. Start back at my Yoga & Pilates and get down to, and maintain, 130.

16. See the Nutcracker, yep I'm doing it again!

17. Enjoy the jazz brunch at The Court of Two Sisters in the French Quarter.

18. Visit the New Orleans Museum of Art's outdoor sculpture garden.

19. Go check out the Insectarium!

20. Take a glass blowing class.

21. Ride a New Orleans streetcar.

22. Read Psalms and Proverbs everyday.

23. Go to a St. Patrick's Day parade.

To Link up click on the text "Click here to enter" and follow the instructions.
-Till Tomorrow

 

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

those are some good things to do this year, I'm still thinking

LivKit said...

Great list! I love your 2011 to do's ..

lindsey said...

Sylvia!! I LOVE your blog! Thank you so much for your sweet comment, and I cannot tell you how happy I am to keep in touch with you. Love you and hope your first day back at work went well! :)