Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hindsight is 20/20...and Other Things I'm Pondering

   So its been awhile since my last post and I'm ok with that haha!! Well I have been pondering a few things lately and here are a few of them:

1. Hindsight is 20/20: Have you ever looked back and thought "wow, what was I thinking??" or "Why did I do that?" I have been doing that lately and I see that some of the decisions that I made were made out of fear of not being in control of a situation or fear of the unknown. But sometimes we have to go through things and learn from a situation so that when the time comes around we can respond to it in the right way.




2. Waiting on Signs: Ok, so I have always known that I am the type of person that likes to be in the "know" (probably has something to do with my need to control things and my type A personality, of which I don't take full responsibility for since I was born like that haha). Anyway, I do pray and seek God about things and I'm always praying "God show me your will let me know, give me a sign." I tend to throw the fleece out often (if your not sure about the fleece reference check out Judges 6:37). But I really started to think about this method of getting an answer and I'm just not sure if I should be using it as much as I have. Waiting on signs and feelings can be easily manipulated. I can look back and see where I have come to my own conclusions about what I thought was a sign and what was just my need for an answer.

3. Fear: Fear of the unknown is life, and I just need to put on my big girl underpants and get over it! I can't know whats going to happen and worrying about it changes nothing!

4. Preconceived Notions: Wow did I have these!! And for the most part not a lot of them were lined up with reality. I think that a girl should shot for the moon, but must realize that for the most cases the moon is a lonely place and its a lot more fun to hang among the stars. What I thought and saw of how things should and would go are just that, my thoughts and ideas alone. I have to realize that life is what is happening while your dreaming, and don't get so caught up in your dreams that you miss out on what is life and happening right in front of you.

   So tell me what you think, have you learned any lessons about the topics above that you can share with me? I'm still learning, and pretty sure that I will always be a life learner...hopefully I can move on to different lessons and move beyond these.   -Till Next Time

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing... I am so proud of you!!!!