Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Summers Almost Here

     Wow! It's been a while since my last post and things have been crazy! Well as far as my professional life, things are going really REALLY good!!! I have reached my tenured year and I can't believe how time has flown by. I had my observation on Monday and it went great. My principal gave me a great compliment, he told me that he really enjoyed my class and that he would have fun taking my class. He also said that my kids were highly engaged, I had a high active class and that he could see clearly that students were leaning (yep, thats always a good thing haha!!!). This great observation coming not long after I was voted as the High School Teacher of the Year at my school. Being voted TOY was a true honor since it came from my faculty and staff members. I'm also signing to do another year at SPHS and I'm already looking at things that I can change and make better for next year.
 I can't believe that we are coming to the end of this school year, how fast time flies when your super busy and you seem to live from one bell to the next. I am really looking forward to having the summer off and getting to do a bit of traveling.


     My first trip will be a missions trip to El Salvador. I'm really excited to get to go on another missions trip since my last one was back in 2008. After returning from a week in El Salvador I leave for St. Martin and what I think will be an awesome relaxing few weeks of laying on the beach with my friend Courtney. We plan to relax on the beach a lot (I will be putting on the SPF, learned my lesson after the Spring Break burn), read a good bit, shop some, eat a lot (knowing Courtney there's always food involved), swim a good bit, and maybe do some snorkeling. I'm sure it's going to make for a great adventure. This summer will no doubt fly by like they all do and soon enough I will be looking at a new school year. But for now I'm just going to enjoy the last few days left to this one, while eagerly anticipating the great summer I'm sure to have.

-Till Next Time





No comments: