Saturday, July 16, 2011

Creative Exercise: HOME

     I've been here and there and busy and I'm having to play catch up with my Creative e-course. One of our exercises was to create something with the theme of the word Home. Following Hurricane Katrina that word means something very different to me. I think that as we get older and things change home becomes something that we view very differently then when we were children. As a child it was a house, a place. Now I see it as a community, people, memories, a shared environment with people that I care about and love. It's not four walls, but the inner fiber and heartbeat that calls to all of us and binds us together. It is not something that can be destroyed by a storm, or something that can be quickly formed. It is a feeling that is cultivated, and created by people and love. I started by writing down the things that make me feel at home and are a vital part of my home and then I just started to doodle and draw and this is what came about. I apologize for some of the blurry photos.



~Till Next Time

5 comments:

kkkkaty said...

Sylvia,
I really like your thoughts on HOME ..how people suffered during that terrible time when Katrina hit. You must be busy since I haven't seen any posts from you for the last couple of assignments...your drawings have a lot to say..

Ana Eugenio said...

so beautiful!! :) your drawings are amazing! you should share them more often ;) love it, love it, love it. I'm happy you did this exercise. and what you wrote is also pretty wise.

Vicki Dvorak said...

Wow, Sylvia...you put such time and crdativity into this assignment. It turned out amazing! I love your thoughts about home and family. :)

Vicki Dvorak said...

P.S. You are so talented! You illustrations challenge me to pull out my watercolors and pen & ink, Sylvia. Thank you!

The Art Bunny said...

Beautifully expressed Sylvia. I love your drawings.