Sunday, July 10, 2011

What I've Been Up To...

    Well, it's been a few days since my last post and the reason is that I've been busy! As I've said in previous post, I'm taking an e-course with Vicki over at Simply Hue and it has really spurred my creativity. I have really enjoyed spending time sketching, painting and working on some of the other exercises that are apart of the course. One of the assignments was to create a Creative Journal and do something creative everyday. I've also been having fun with one of the creative exercises based on the word Home. It's not quite done just yet, but I will be posting a photo of it soon. Here is a pic of my journal:


The finished product
  In between being creative, I've been doing a good bit of fishing...I'm in love! I have found that I love offshore fishing. I've been going out a lot in the last few weeks and have caught every time! I also got to go with my friend Heidi on her first fishing trip, and we had a blast!! Here are a few pics of my recent fishing trips (And yes, I know it looks like I wear the same the every time but it's my standard fishing trip clothes haha!!!):

Me and my Lemon Fish

With one of my Red Snappers



Heidi fighting her first big fish

She did an awesome job and brought in this nice size Red fish

We had a great trip...Good times out in the bayou with friends!

     Besides fishing, I've also did some cleaning, organizing, and furniture transformations. I repainted two items in my house after being inspired by Brooke over at All Things Thrifty. She has some great tips for repainting and glazing furniture and so I decided to take the plunge, grab a few cans of spray paint and make some changes. I will be showing before and after photos in another post, I'm not yet done with my dresser I repainted (I have some awesome drawer pulls coming that Im so excited about!!!). So as soon as both are done you will get to see them. I'm also working on getting my Pop Art project done that my art students started the last two weeks of school. It was a bit more work then we first anticipated, here is a few photos of the process:
The photo shoot...they had so much fun with this!!

After I tweaked it to Pop Art it

Figuring out the project. They mixed the colors, did the layout and how the background would look

Tracing the picture so we can paint it
     As you can see it's quite a project. I'm almost done with it and can't wait to see the finished product, I have just the place to put it in my room for this new school year. I can't believe that I have one month till the start of the new school year. I'm excited and a little nervous about teaching art full time. I've only taught Fine Art Survey before and I will be honest, I'm the most nervous about being compared to our present art teacher who is Awesome and very talented. This will all be new uncharted waters for me and, as always with change, there is a little bit of me that is afraid that I won't cut it. But I know that I will give 120%, and I've learned from past experiences that, if I set my mind to do it, I can and will! Of course the first day of school I will be a bit more nervous then I usually am, but we will all settle in and then by the next semester I will be so much better! Well, tomorrow I hope to finish some sketching projects and work on a photo idea that I've been turning around in my head.
Hope that y'all have a Happy Monday!!!
~Till Next Time


10 comments:

mom said...

I think you need to paint my WALLS

The Art Bunny said...

Wow looks like you've been having a fab time. The fishing looks awesome!

Leslie said...

Your journal looks like it's coming along great!! - Leslie (Raining Umbrellas)

kkkkaty said...

Silvia, you have a lot of talent. I am impressed with your style.

snydeen said...

Love your creative notebook! The project with the kids is amazing (where were you when I was a kid in school?) and the fishing is most impressive. I haven't been since I was about 12.

syllatham said...

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments from you all!!

Ana Eugenio said...

Sylvia I'm amazed by all the awesome things you do. congrats :) the project looks wonderful and the fishes you caught are huge! what do you do with them?

syllatham said...

Ana, we clean the fish and eat them haha!! :) Thanks so much for the comment!

Ana Eugenio said...

cool :)

Vicki Dvorak said...

This is so cool, Sylvia! I love your zest for life. :)