Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hi Ho Hi Ho...It's Off To School We Go

     Today was the first day of school with the students. It was a really good 1st day, I would even go as far as to say the best 1st day I have yet. I had brought a bunch of my art work to show my students. I have had all of my students when they were in my Freshmen Geog. class and none of them viewed me as an artist. So I packed up a bunch of my art work and tried to establish myself with them as an artist. A lot of times students think that art is just sketching with a pencil. I showed them some of my painting, photography, mixed media work, scrapbooks, jewelry, and pottery that I have created. I'm so excited about my classes!!! Most of my classes are small and for the most part the kids that are in the class are there because they want to be. Today I was getting so excited talking about the up coming projects and things that we will be doing this semester. Just this little bit that I've been talking about it has gotten me wanting to create, and has me thinking about some different projects.

So, I went to this great antique store and found some great treasures, the same place that I got the Awesome yellow cart that I showed you in my last post. I also had brought my camera with me and got a lot of great shots to use to make some great prints. I'm still working on getting the Etsy store up and running. Right now the only thing holding me back is that I'm waiting to get some prints back that I ordered so I can see their quality and see what my turn around time is going to be. As soon as I get those prints in then I can start uploading things to my shop. Ok, well got a little of subject, I was going to show you some of my great finds...here they are:

 My finds!! Seems pink was the color of the day :)


So I had seen on someone's blog where they had this earring holder idea and when I came across this grater in this Awesome color I knew that it was meant to be!

I decided that I would add a little something else to my holder and I put small nails through the side with the small holes and Voila! it's no longer just an earring holder but a ring holder as well


I just love my pink frame on my end table, it's a nice pop of color.

So I really need to stop buying coffee mugs but this set was calling my name!!!! They are so bright and fun and make me Smile :)
I am starting to realize that I have a lot of polka-dot items! But polka-dots make me happy so I consider them cheap small circles of great happiness therapy haha!!! 

I have also been on a nautical them. I have bought a few articles of nautical themed clothing, jewelry, and I found these cups at Target and just loved them!! 

Besides polka-dots and nautical items being on the brain I am addicted with the website Pinterest.com I LOVE this sight and have been pinning up a storm!!! I have also come across so many great ideas, fun inspiration, and just all around Awesome info. 
Here is one of the ideas that I came across, putting your makeup brushes in a cup of coffee beans. Love the wonderful aroma early in the morning while putting on my makeup. Now you could do this in a glass container and it would make a better show, but I really like my mug that came from Anthropology. 


As far as that Awesome info that I said above, well I found this great tutorial on how to curl your hair without heat. I have to say that I really didn't think it wouldn't work but I was proven wrong! 
Here is a pic of my hair curled.

My hair does not usually hold a curl at all and this was all achieved with a headband!!! Here is the tutorial for curls. She does a really good job of explaining how to do it and I have to say I was so amazed!!! 

Well, that's what I have been up to. I have regular classes tomorrow and super excited to start on our first project.

~Till Next Time

2 comments:

Nora said...

OMG I love reading your blog. I watched the video. I am totally trying the hair idea. Can't wait for your etsy store to open? Oh and where did you get those cute polka dot coffee cups? I want a polka dot tea pot like that. It is so cute.

Ana Eugenio said...

I love your happiness :) your posts are always so full of life and inspiration. it's so good to read you. and you always share creative ideas. I picture your home full of color and plenty of adorable details. very comfy. so good you're back to school with such enthusiasm :) have an awesome weekend dear. xo