Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!


The city lights of Madrid New Years Eve


I had to good fortune to ring in the New Year in Spain! I took a 5 day trip to Madrid and had a great time. I wish it would have been a longer trip, but it was still fun! I got to ring in the New Year eating grapes along with the locals and toasting the New Year with Cava.

I got to see the Royal Palace, visit Toledo, go to the Prado Museum, got to see Flemenco Dancers, did Tapas, and visit some of the other sights in and around Madrid. Here are a few of the pictures:

Loved this shot!

The sun rising on the Medieval city of Toledo, the former Spanish capital

Me with my 12 grapes...I thought about trying to just chug them but was told by the locals you have to eat them one at a time for each strike of the bell at Midnight

With our grapes ready and waiting for midnight

Royal Palace Tour

0 Km Marker

Toasting to 2012

















   So I am usually home for New Years and will take some time to look back on the year and also look ahead. But this year that didn't happen...just yet. I am going to get to it, just maybe tomorrow haha!!! I do have to say that last year was a good year, and I did think about it a little when I realized that I didn't do what I normally do, and what I did recall was great. I'm really hoping for a GReaT 2012!!!! I need this year to be Awesome! Starting with this month, which will have me turning 32 in 28 days!!! I still can't believe that! Well I will be posting my look at 2011 and my 2012 To Do List soon :)


~Till Next Time :)






1 comment:

Ana Eugénio said...

yay! you've been so close to Portugal :) would love if you did a Photographic {Tour} to be featured in wonderland. think about it with love.

check here what I'm talking about: http://www.anasofiaeugenio.com/p/photographic-tour.html

wishing you an awesome 2012 :) xxo