Sunday, July 22, 2012

"Made Me Think of You..."

Isn't he the cutest!!
Love that he has a blanket
like his
mom and nan syl :)
     I had two people tell me that today followed by two very different follow ups. I got a text this morning from my cousin who just moved to CO. She was texting me to tell me that lil bear was eating cereal and was picking out and only eating the marshmallows and leaving the rest of the cereal. Kid after my own heart haha!!! She said this made her think of me...yep, Im a marshmallow picker! Most of my friends know of my Lucky Charm weakness and I have even found a place online that sells just the marshmallows, which of course saves me a lot of time and the little bit of guilt that I may have as I dig for just the marshmallows...oh what the heck, who am I kidding? There's no guilt LOL!!!


     You know it feels good to have someone tell you that something that happened to them, or something that they happened to come across in their typical day caused them to think of you. My second time this happened to me today made me laugh!! It had been raining today and I had not really been too much. This is what I did with most of my day

I doodled...

...and doodled some more

...and some more doodling. 
I could say that some of this was for work since I will use some of it as examples for my students when I introduce the sketchbook project to them the first week :)

...and the whole time Mr Fitz napped. 
He has wild nights and likes to catch up on his sleep during the day
 
     So like I was saying...(haha my friends used to hate when I did this and they would have to remind me that I must have been having the first half of the conversation in my head) anyway...(sorry a bit of my ADD seems to be kicking in) Ok I will focus and finish this story!!! So I'm doodling, as you saw above, and I get a call from one of our guy teachers. Seems he was in the process of moving and got his truck stuck and had been trying for sometime to get unstuck. So he goes on to explain that he thought of me and that he knew that I knew, or had people in my family, that drove big trucks and could come pull him out. LOL!!! I cracked up after I got off the phone. Funny stuff..."Im stuck and it made me think of you and the fact that you know people with big truck"...awesome!!! hahaha!!! Well one of the other guy teachers with a truck happened to be around (we have teacher housing in our parish) and was able to get him out. Thank goodness since it seems all of my big truck family and friends were in town or not able to help. But still made me laugh!

Here are a few other things that friends have Pinned and said that it "Made me think of you"(Oh and if you haven't found out about Pinterest then you are sooo missing out!!!!! Go check it out!!)

Lyd said "

Ang said "I could see Sylvia rocking this outfit!"


Jessica said "Sylvia this would look great on you!!"

Courtney said "syl this is so for you"

Courtney also said "this is for you"

Mrs Green Said "Homemade Glitter Play Dough Recipe. For my friend at school, you know who you are, lol."   Yep, I have a bit of a glitter obsession and I'm out and proud about it :)


Marlena said "so getting a dinosaur!! This one is for you Sylvia"

Rach said "haha made me think of you :)"

     So yeah...thats what tends to bring me to mind. I would say it's a quirky oddness that makes me so memorable :D That's better then someone saying, "oh man I had my car repoed and it reminded me of you." Or, "I saw someone chew someone else out over something dumb and it made me think of you."
My students tend to think I'm a bit crazy (good if they think your'e a lil off then they're not sure if you are going to snap or not and keeps them on their toes haha!!) and they will see something crazy and will every once and awhile tell me "Yeah, that made me think of you." Some of my students even tried to set me up with the army recruiter at school...they said he was manly, had his own place, a job, was a neat and orderly, in great shape, and drug free (yes, it would seem they interrogated the man) and all of those things made them think of me. HAHA!! How sweet, even if they should stay out of my business and not try and set me up with anyone!! They have good intentions, for some reason it freaks them out that I'm 32 and single....ahhhh the shock and horror!!    

Anyways...  some things that make me think of you:

      Whenever I eat McDs ice cream and french fries it always makes me think of my friend Shannon.
Summers in the pool remind me of my friend Amy and the many summers spent in her pool...good times!!! Sleeping in till noon or later makes me think of Bri. The color purple (in any shade and on pretty much on anything) still reminds me of Rach, even if thats not her color anymore it was for so very long. Math reminds me of Sammie, velociraptors & pink will always make me think of Courtney, lace & painting make me think of Danielle, and clumsiness, Puss in Boots face, grammar nazi and nautical outfits make me think of Heidi. 
     Jelly Beans remind me of my Dad, good cooking & holidays make me think of my Mom. Lydia...there are so many!!! Every time I get a cat scratch, see a space heater (haha I can still see your toe on fire LOL!!), see Mom big silver bowl (when you had to soak in it haha!!!), when I eat something good, when I see my cute niece, when I see one of those Parish trash cans haha!! The list could go on and on haha!!! Today I thought of you, Mr Fitz was playing with my markers it reminded me of the time when you and I took markers and colored the dog. Also made me think of Max and when him and I decided to cut the cats whiskers, poor thing ran into walls at night for awhile after that and Mom was not happy! haha!!! 

     So tell me, what makes people say, "Made me think of you," about YOU???  What are some of the things that you want to remembered for??   Please share :)

~Till Next Time 

No comments: