Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Trick or Treat?...

 
     Some times it seems like life gives you both. I think that the real trick was played on me when I thought adulthood would be soo great! I just couldn't wait to grow up and really start living, doing all the things I wanted to do and not having anyone control my life....Boy was that every a trick!
    But then I don't really miss my teen years. People always talk about going back and reliving their high school days...No thank you! Now I wouldn't mind to have the sheer freedom of no demands that I had back then. Life just seemed to move on, there was so much that I was trying to rush through and get to the next step that sometimes I wish I could go back and tell my younger self to, "Slow Down! Life will get to you soon enough, enjoy the ride there!" But we can't go back, thats another trick on us. They say hindsight is 20/20. I guess the real trick is to see the great little treats that are all around us, to look for the good in each and every day, and to learn from our past and live each day as if it's a real treat.
     I know that I don't always see the small treats that are in my life, the blessing that I have been given. We get tricked into the joining the "Rat Race" of life and trick ourselves into believing that if we are not apart of the masses, of those bogged down with busyness, then we are not really living. Things that are not really all that important in the grand scheme of things then suck out the small treats in our lives. We are just wading through, moving on from one day to the next.  I don't want to live a life tricked out of the treats. I want to experience it all, enjoy each and every little thing that makes up my life and who I am. I want to learn from my past and slow down and treat myself to enjoying the moments that make us each and every day.

     So I guess I just felt the need to write a little, one of my small treats for myself :) I don't want to be tricked into believing that I'm still waiting to start my life just because I don't have a husband and kids. I want to enjoy this time because soon enough the seasons change and life moves on.  So do yourself a favor and treat yourself by slowing down and enjoying what is happening in the now, don't be tricked into thinking that in time things will be better later. Make better happen now in the moment that you are in. Embrace who you are in the right now and enjoy all the many treats that life hands your way...if you are truly looking for them you will find them.


~Till Next Time :)
&
Happy Halloween 

No comments: