Sunday, April 7, 2013

Writing About Procrastinating While Procrastinating


     It would seem that I have not blogged since Jan. I've been meaning to but always seem to put it off till later and then I just...don't. I have procrastinated so bad lately with all kinds of things and it seems that today is no different. I should be writing lesson plans but what a better way to spend my afternoon then procreating writing lessons plans to blog about how much I seem to be procrastinating lately...(haha! I know that was a lot of use of the work Procrastinating)

     Well since my last blog post there of course has been somethings going on. I'm happy to report that I have seemed to have a burst of creativity and have been doing (and yes! Finishing) quite a few projects. I have had such great classes this semester and things have been going so smoothly that I have had time for my own art. Here are a few of the things that I have recently finished:

This is one of my favorite quotes from the movie.


Found this idea on Pinterest and since my kids were going to do this in class I thought I should do one first and see how it went. Pretty happy with the turn out.

 This one I contemplated for some time because I wasn't sure how I wanted to use the antique watch faces. It's one of my favorites.


As you should be able to tell by now I love putting art and quotes together! Add another one of my Favorite things, GLITTER and its Fabulous!  


As always...Pen and ink is one of my favorite mediums to work with and since my kids where doing stippling projects I thought I would create with them.



 This was just me messing around in my sketch book. I saw some of these types of doodles on Pinterest and thought they looked fun.

This was a gift for my parents for their new house. (Which I am super happy to say they are finally in!!!!!)

Mom and Dad's first night in the new house! So happy for them.

Like I said my classes this semester have been AWESOME. I love love my Art 2 class and its been pure bliss to teach kids that want to be in the class, love to create, and who I just had in Art 1. I have been able to create along side them this semester and have so enjoyed that. This is one of the group projects that we did. It looks great in the library and I can't wait till we are in our new school and can have art all around the school!

This is my latest project. I'm collaging the Great Wave. Tons and tons of small pieces cut from magazines. This one may take awhile. 


   
     At the beginning of the year I started my Jar of Goodness. You can read more about it here. But the gist is that you right down all of the good things that happen on lil pieces of paper as they happen and at the end of the year you read all of the good things that happened to you for the year. As you can see from my pic of jar its been a good 3 months. I'm excited to get to the end of the year and reminisce about the great things that have taken place in 2013. After I think I'm going to put all of the small pieces of paper into my Smashbook in order by date and then I have the year journaled. I decided it would be a fun twist to my normal journaling that I do.






     There have been a few other events and happenings in the past month or so. We made it through ACT testing, survived SLT's, found out some changes will be taking place next school year, I mailed off my last payment for my summer Europe trip (can't wait to spend a couple days in France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Italy, and had a great Spring Break. But as always with the good comes the bad. I'm sad to say that one of the bad things that happened recently was the loss of Mr. Fitz. He was killed this week.
     
 So following the lost my lil friend I found a new lil guy that needed a home and I was happy to bring home Mr. Bingley

 He is so cute!!! Love that face!


     So thats what's been happening in my world. I will try and not procrastinate as much when it comes to my blogging...but I think I will procrastinate on those lesson plans a lil longer and maybe get to them after church tonight haha!!
~Till Next Time

No comments: