Sunday, January 19, 2014

Love & Addictions

Hi, so I'm super excited about my long weekend and enjoying the extra time to post.

So this is a post all about my recent loves & addictions.

I've been doing One Little Word

Here is one of my pages in the making.
I'm really enjoying this way of journaling and connecting with my word. Here is the post that explains One Little Word a little more.

Over the Christmas break I figured it was time to clean up Apple some and I decided to add a little pop of color. I have to say that I was Very Happy with the outcome and I know its a small weird thing but really it makes me smile when I see my pretty bright keys :)


So I've recently become addicted to both of these products!!!
By far the best tea I've ever tasted. I had to search but found a place that will ship to the States. Mybrands.com has Clipper teas in stock and will ship to me...Thank God!
Now let me tell you about these Simply7 Lentil chips...They're like crack! I happened across them in Rouses while looking for a healthy alternative to chips. They rock! I love the Jalapeno flavor but they also come in a Creamy Dill that is great as well.


Ok, I may have a pretty good obsession with Washi tape. It's so pretty and has so many uses...oh and super easy...oh, and did I say pretty!


I recently discovered that I possessed a liking to cute dinosaurs. I've had a running velociraptor joke at school thanks in a big part to one of my friends Coco. Then after my inner T-Rex showed up during art class one day last semester...well it just seems that I've had dino stuff jumping out at me and catching my eye. 
My recent trip to Target involved this cute T-Rex calling out to come home with me.
  Here is another of my favorite dino buys! Love that his tail wraps around to the back! haha!!
Also, the animal sweaters have been calling my name. It started as a joke with my kids when I wore a bird sweater and then the T-Rex one above. But then it seemed I found others.
Here are a few of them

My Dressy Unicorn sweater :)

My casual one

Love this! One of my kids drew me in my Hedgehog sweater the first time I wore it to school hehe


In true Southern girl fashion I am loving my new monogrammed items. The necklace was a Christmas/early Birthday gift to myself.

So finding this magazine was a very serendipity moment. I happened across Flow Magazine yesterday while at Barnes & Noble and wow! Right off the cover caught my eye and then as I opened it, it was as if I was taking a dip into a pristine pool of inspiration and creativity! 
I waited to read it this morning with a cup of coffee so I could really soak it all up. 
The layout, images, quotes, articles, creativity, inspiration, and magazines mission just seem to be as if the creators knew all the things I liked. 
I highly recommend it to anyone who has a love of beautiful things, likes paper, loves to create, or be inspired by beautiful images and words.
Reading Flow while enjoying the view of the Great Mississippi flowing in front of my parents house. 
Yep, reading on the rooftop patio.

While pursuing Flow I read an article about people that still love snail mail and postcards and this site that links people up all over the world to swap postcards. So of course my love for mail and travel had me checking it out Postcrossing.com
So I signed up and got my first address. I will be sending a girl in Russia a postcard this week and can't wait to see who and from where my first postcard comes from. How FUN!!!!

I have really been trying to live my word for this year...Flourish.
I feel like some of that is letting go and letting God. 
I love how the Message interprets Philippians 4:6-7
This is a verse that I'm trying to really let sink in. 
I looking at little things, like finding the Flow magazine and healthy snacks, as little God winks. I know what you're thinking, "Really Sylvia?? You think that God showed you these things?" 
Yep, you see I've been praying that God would let this to be the year I Flourish. I feel like last year I planted the seeds of some changes in my life and now it was time to see those small changes flourish into full life changing things. 
Some of those changes were to be closer to God, to cultivate a healthy life, and to really dig deep into my creativity, while also enjoying my art with no justification.
These things are apart of that and its as if God let me to happen across them.
I'm reading Wonder Struck (my Jan. book) and in it she talks about how she prayed for pixie dust. The since of wonderment as we encounter and experience the things that only God can do. The little God winks that we so often miss because we are so caught up in the business of life. Praying for pixie dust is a childlike expression of trust and hope and asking God to deliver the little unexpected, while helping us to have an open soul and open eyes to see them around us.
So I pray for pixie dust :)

Well, I will end this post with a cute Mr. Bingley pic
He can't help himself, an open drawer and he has to squeeze his big butt into it haha!! Love him!

~Till Next Time 


No comments: