Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Did I Flourish in '14?

     

I can't really say that there was a great flourishing that went on this year haha!! I really had to stop and think about what did happen this year and...well not all that much. But here is what I did come up with:
 I moved from my little trailer into the cottage which was only right next door. Haha But I was able to move up to a Full size bed instead of the twin I had been in. oh and to my friends...the change in bed size still has no clued in the universe, just saying ;)





Watched some more of my babies leave the nest and
finished up my 6th year of teaching


 Did some yoga
and was pretty proud to be able to do this pose!

 Did some cooking, tried some new things, and did some healthy eating.

 Made a lot of art this year and that I was pretty proud of! I even sold a few pieces and was asked to contribute to a mural for the hospital.


 Had some fun close to home

 Stuck to my gym time and focused on being healthy.

Made some changes to my classroom and pushed myself as a teacher.

 Went back to the AG campground for a few weeks.

 I took a ton of pics of the popular Mr. Bingley  


Drank a lot of coffee!

 True to my "Mountaintop or Valley" self I even had a brief moment were I thought about leaving teaching for nursing...yeah that was a quick moment and then I realized that I would really miss teaching and sometimes you just can't run from what your meant to do.

This year wasn't any splashy amazing year. I didn't travel, didn't win any awards, and I still remain single (I know, Shocker right??)
But I feel like it was still a year that showed growth, I learned more about myself, who I am, and what I want to be.

 I didn't really know what to expect with wanting to flourish but one thing I did find is that my happiness seemed to come and go with my mountaintop and valley moments and I realized that in the coming year I want to find Joy no matter what road I may travel. 

So my word for 2015 is Joy.

I'm going to stop comparing myself, 
my job, income, relationship status, house, life, and passport to others. 

I'm going to enjoy the journey, whither it's a view from the top or walking the valley below. I'm going to stop focusing on the end and enjoy the middle.


I'm going to recognize that I am very Blessed and try my best to bless those around me. 

I'm also going to focus on being grateful for I am blessed with. 


And I'm going to remember that no matter what 2015 may bring I can have joy because I know that God is in control of it all.



Happy New Years!!!

~Till Next Year

No comments: