Sunday, January 10, 2016

A Few Wows From This Week

So we finished up the first week of school and I had a few WOWs. Not all Wows are good. There the, "Wow that's Awesome," "Wow Thanks," and the "Wow Really??" I had a mix of those this week.

The first Wow was on my first day back at work. Monday I walked in bright and early (for some strange reason I was up wide awake at 4:15am...not my norm at ALL!). As I was palming in (yeah we're fancy at our school and have to palm in and out) the grounds keeper and maintenance man both were palming in and we exchanged "Happy New Years" and "How was your breaks?" when both of them said that they were shocked that they didn't see me at work the whole break. I laughed and said that I didn't work on anything school related and didn't come to work the WHOLE Christmas break. They were both surprised and told me so and one even gave me a hug and said he was so proud of me LOL! WOW do I work too much? I think I need to start taking my breaks and really taking a break. It was so nice to not do anything with school the whole 2 weeks! And guess what? I was ok, I didn't get behind, and I didn't miss anything. This year I'm going to stick to my no weekend working and remember that I don't have to do everything.

Second Wow came when I realized that teaching and doing what I do is just what I'm supposed to do. This was one of those "Duh...Wow it took you this long??"

3rd Wow: Wow 2 weeks off and I forgot how loud high school kids are!

4th: Was a Wow Thanks. Our awesome principal canceled meetings for the week (we were supposed to have 3) and gave us time to work in our classrooms and get ready for the new semester.

5th WoW happened on Tue when all the kids had left and me and my neighbor were chatting about how the day went and he asked me how it went and I responded with "Oh it was good" and he said "What, no complaining?" That was a hard "Wow is this what I project to people?" I laughed it off and told him that I was working on that...I really am!

Sixth Wow was Friday when I realized the first week of the semester and new year was already over, I realized my classes seemed pretty good, and all of Jan was 4 day teaching weeks thanks to PD and holidays, oh and that our week long Mardi Gras break is just 19 school days away WOW!!!!

Well I hope that you had a WOW week as well!

~Till Next Time

No comments: