Tuesday, February 9, 2016

I'm Happier Than...

Be Happy ~ Be Colorful ~ Be Productive ~ Be Organized

I'm happier than: 
a bird with a french fry, Mr. Bingley on the heating blanket, and a teacher at 3pm on the last day of school.
Yep, I am all that kind-of HAPPY to have my new craft/studio area! 
I started Friday night to clean and begin to organize.
This was a before shot
 Not a ton of work space with my little desktop and I had a glider that never got used and was just taking up space.
So I decided that my Mardi Gras break would be spent giving my craft/studio area a makeover!
I started by getting a student from the carpentry class to make a costume made desk. I was just going to buy two small bookshelves and a large board to make an inexpensive work area. I had seen a couple of Pins on Pinterest on how to do it and thought it would meet my needs. Then I started talking to the carpentry teacher and told him what I was looking to do, sketched up what I wanted, and one of his kids made it for me. It came out awesome and has some great storage under it. So that was done by Friday, then I painted it, and then I had to start moving things to see what configurations would work best for my space. Saturday was spent in town picking up a few supplies and things to help me organize. Sunday I started moving things!
Now for inspiration! As with the rest of my house I never really do a theme. I do what makes me happy! I like color and things that make me smile. Now there were a few bloggers that I follow that I love their craft space and they definitely inspired me. I am absolutely in LOVE with Jaime's studio over at raisinguprubies Her blog http://raisinguprubies.blogspot.com is one of my favs and I just love all the bright cheerful pics she posts on her instagram. If you haven't checked her out go see for yourself its sure to make you smile! I'm kind-of obsessed! Also, I'm kind-of loving everything about this rainbow loving craft room over at kayla_made's Instagram. So I borrowed a few ideas from these ladies, took a bunch of stuff I already had, added some washi tape, labels, a good bit of spray paint and a whole lot of organizations and got what is now my favorite place in my cozy lil cottage!
My Happy Place!!
 Give this girl some spray paint and I can make anything cute :)

 My soon to be pegboard. I totally stole this idea from 
raisinguprubies here is a link to what her's looks like.

 I have a storage cabinet like this at school and love it so much I just knew I needed one here at home. I love all the drawers for little things that seem to get lost. I also love love that everything has a label!
 Got this little storage cabinet at Lowes and added some spray paint and insta cuteness!
Got the glass Faith, Hope, and Love containers from Wal-mart for $3! They are perfect for my ever growing Sharpie addiction. And watching over it all is Mr. Sparkles my oh so cute Unicorn tape dispenser that my sister got me for Christmas. Love Him!

 Love that I finally got all of my embellishments, ribbons, stickers, letters, stamps, and paper all organized and labeled. Makes it so much easier to work when you can find everything! Love the washi tape...its just so darn easy and cute!

I found this cute Little Miss Organized sign/clipboard at Tuesday morning. 
And yes I know the sign says "Keep Clam"...It was one of my mine lil mishaps thanks to Dyslexia. I now keep it as a reminder to get everything PBP, "Proofed Before Printing."

 How cute is this turquoise jewelry holder that I turned into a scissors and tool holder. Thanks TJMaxx for yet another great item! Oh and don't you just love my lil paper Andy Warhol doll haha!

 I don't know about you but this just makes me Smile :D

 Oh that Pegboard!!! And I was totally inspired by kayla_made's "Create" banner. I was trolling Targets $1 Spot when I came across a very cute Celebrate banner that made me think of the one I had seen on Kayla's instagram and I thought that for $3 I could alter it a bit and make my own. So I took it apart and put it back together and added some cut outs from the left over felt from the letters I didn't use. Added some cute buttons and voila...My own Create banner. 
The flowers on the left side of the banner are the ones I make from Arizona Tea cans. They finally have a home.

 Love that my two favorite little vintage suitcases that I use for material and yarn storage now have a place that can call home and been seen.

 My JOY letters from last years One Little Word have found a home as well. I also have had a few people ask about the Parking sign. It was given to me by a friend after a huge misunderstanding involving a handicap parking ticket at my college apartment Haha!! Good times at Nicholls!

 Oh the pegboard! Haha... I know I know its just a pegboard. Going to need to pick up a few more hooks for it. And I love the black and white striped clipboard thanks to the clearance aisle at Michael's.

 So I have pretty much hated this orange and black chair since I got it. I bought this really cute fabric at Wal-Mart to cover it. Thats my next project.

 So I LOVE flowers but with me trying to be on a budget I just don't get them as often as I would like (and since Peonies and Ranunculus are my favorite those are really not in my budget!!!). 
Well Michael's had a great sale and these where just too pretty and such a good price to pass up. 
Also, I can't leave flowers in reach of Mr. Bingley or he eats them, not the case with these! 
I had an old tea container laying around and spray painted it white, added some washi tape, and there you have it. A very cheap and pretty flower arrangement that the cat can't eat and won't die. 
A win win!

 Here is a view of the side of my new desk. There are also shelves that face in behind these that I can store things I don't use that often. 

 I also have these two awesome carts that keep all kinds of stuff organized and I love that I can move them around where I need them. I got this red one from IKEA and keep most of my paper and journaling cards on it.

This awesome lil cart came from Sam's Club and was such a great price! I love that I can have all my pens, pencils, ink sprays, glues, and watercolors all in one place. 
Its Just So Handy!

Well I hope that you have enjoyed the tour! Now I'm off to play and make some mugs and things to post to my site!

~Till Next Time :)



No comments: